Okay to my Reciparty people, I love the Vegan lifestyle, but I might post some dairy foods.I WILL however always post a vegan option. Because anything you can eat, you can eat vegan!
But as of now this has no dairy, so everyone wins.
So to kick off the cold weather, who doesn’t love SOUP?
Viola my fellow, chilly Vegans, your girl has created a beautiful rendition of a mexican winter classic! I think next time I’ll add acorn squash!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
What you’ll need:
2 1/2 quarts of Vegetable stock
2 cans of regular enchilada sauce
2 tbsp of Mexican Oregano
2 tbsp of Chili powder
1 tbsp of Cumin
3 tbsp of minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp of olive oil
3 cups of white hominy (do NOT drain)
2 green zucchinis
1 small yellow onion
1 can of diced tomatoes
3 fresh limes
1/4 tbsp of cayenne pepper(if one wishes)
A package of shredded red cabbage
A cup of chopped radishes
One avocado diced
2 small fresh jalapenos
1. Sautee onions and zucchini with olive oil until browned in a large pot over medium heat
2. Pour in vegetable/chicken stock and two cans of enchilada sauce and some water(relative to your pot)
3. Add in more onion, the hominy, garlic, cayenne, cumin, chili powder, can of diced tomatoes, oregano, lime juice from two limes, fresh cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste
4. Cook for fifteen minutes over medium heat
5. Lastly garnish with chopped radishes, cabbage, a lime wedge, diced avocado, more oregano, and tons more cilantro!